Why Choose Origami?
We’re an all-in-one accounting service
Bookkeeping, goal setting, reporting, and CPA tax for Canadian small business owners who want to build and grow successful companies.
Each month, your Origami Staff Accountant will ensure your transactions are recorded and categorized, and your books are up to date.
We'll help you set clear financial targets. Track your performance monthly. Know where your finances are going.
Your Origami CPA will do your yearly tax planning and prepare and file your corporate tax return. This is included in the monthly fee.
We offer clear monthly financial reporting and corporate tax services
We work with Canadian small businesses and incorporated consultants and contractors.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and CPA tax returns for incorporated consultants and contractors who want to focus on what they do best.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, monthly reporting, and goal setting to help you build a successful business. CPA tax return included.
- Flat fee CPA tax returns for solo consultant or contractor who can provide completed bookkeeping.
We work with modern financial software
An Open Letter to Small Business
An updated version of the letter we posted on a single page website when we launched in 2011
Dear Small Business Owner,
You have a growing business on your hands. You’re busy bringing in new customers, providing amazing products and services.
Everything seems to be going great, but… when it comes to your finances, you’re not entirely sure where you stand… or where you’re headed.
Maybe your financial statements are too confusing or too out of date. Or your accounting support is mailing it in, leaving you with plenty of questions and not much guidance when it comes to planning your financial future.
Wouldn’t it be nice to work with a motivated team of accounting professionals who are committed to helping you succeed in your business?
Meet Origami. Origami is an expert team of CPAs, bookkeepers, and software engineers committed to helping our clients set and achieve their financial goals.
We’ve taken what we’ve learned about how successful small business owners work on building their businesses and we made it the focus of our own approach.
1. Timely, reliable financial statements delivered to you each month.
2. The Origami Scorecard: one page that tells you how your business is doing and whether it’s meeting your targets.
3. Year end CPA corporate tax planning, preparation, and filing.
4. A team dedicated to helping you understand your financial performance and prepare goals and targets for the coming months and years.
No one wins alone. You’re doing your part, but if your team isn’t performing, you’re going to be wearing A LOT of hats. We’d love to wear one for you.
We hope you’re intrigued by our company and our service. We’d love to add your business to our growing list of happy customers.
Call us today at 1-888-745-1315 or fill out our online form to get started.
Until we meet,
— The Origami Team
From The Blog
For small business owners and solo entrepreneurs
Each week, we post ideas, tips, advice, and stories to help Canadian small business owners succeed in their business.
Small Business 101
- Covering finance, marketing, management, tax, and operations, our 101 posts are the missing manual for owning and running a successful small business.
- Posts for solo consultants and contractors. What you need to know and stay on top of in your incorporated business.
You Want to Build a Better Business
- You started a small business so you and your family could be financially better off. If you're already there, congratulations! If you're not, Origami can help you get there.
What our clients have to say
We come to work every day committed to helping our clients succeed
When I incorporated, it just made complete sense to go with Origami. You have enough to worry about with all the other things in the business.
I lost a couple of years trying to get a handle on my bookkeeping and accounting. It’s really nice to have it figured out. And no surprise bills.
With Origami, I can see and know everything about my financials as I go. So I can just focus on my business and do the things I know how to do.
Going with Origami Accounting was one of the best choices we've made as a company to date. If you are a small business in Edmonton and beyond, I recommend Origami Accounting!
Our accountant is very knowledgeable, and our bookkeeper is diligent and easy to deal with. Since switching to Origami, I rest easy knowing my business financials are in good hands.
Absolutely without a doubt the most helpful, straightforward and accommodating accounting firm I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
We know that it’s in good hands, it’s accurate, and we can show investors exactly how this whole thing works and how it’s going to make money.
When Origami Accounting was introduced to me, I was impressed with their business model, their pricing and the range of service. The company is efficient and reliable.