Our monthly service starts at $550 a month
We charge fixed rates. There are no hourly charges or surprise bills.
Everything you need
Origami lets you stay on top of your financials and your tax filings.
- Monthly Bookkeeping (QuickBooks Online)
- CPA Support for Tax Questions
- Monthly Financial Statements
- CRA Correspondence/Audit Support
- CPA Tax Planning
- T2 Corporate Tax Return
- GST/PST/HST Filing
- T4/T5 Issuance
Frequently asked questions
- Why don’t you charge by the hour?
- It’s been our experience that hourly billing creates (a kind of) adversarial system where our clients are reluctant to ask us questions (for fear of being billed) and where the level of our compensation rises the more inefficiently we perform our work. Origami is structured to ignore billable hours because we don’t trust ourselves well enough to operate under incentives to do bad things!*
*We are fairly certain we adapted this concept from the inimitable Charlie Munger. We highly recommend all of his wisdom.
- How do you know what to charge?
- We’ve worked with thousands of Canadian small businesses in the past 10 years. Along the way, we’ve learned how long typical work takes. And we’ve built systems and processes to help our staff be efficient and accurate in handling their files. We’ve also learned what factors require more time and effort. Our $550 per month rate is our most common rate for new clients. If we quote a higher rate, it’ll be a function of the volume of bookkeeping that we have to handle.
- I’m behind on my bookkeeping. Can you help me get caught up to date?
- Absolutely. The fact is most clients need us to do at least some catch up work to get their books up to date. We determine the scope of your catch up work (bookkeeping and prior year tax filing) during the onboarding process. And we’ll give you a flat fee quote to complete the work. Catch up work is still priced per month, but our catch up fees are substantially discounted from our regular monthly fees.
- I’m way behind. Is Origami still a good fit?
- We cannot take on more than 5 years (60 months) of catch up work per new client. Most of our bookkeeping team is assigned to regular monthly work so we have to be careful in managing the workload in our catch up queue. Although we’d be happy to work with you once you’re caught up, if you have more than 5 years of catch up work, Origami, unfortunately, wouldn’t be a good fit.
- I’m in the middle of my fiscal year. Can I switch to Origami from my current provider?
- If you’re more than 9 months into your fiscal year, and your current provider has already done the bookkeeping work for those months, then we recommend that you finish the year with your current provider and start with Origami for your new fiscal year. If you want us to take over the bookkeeping from another service provider in the middle of your fiscal year, we’d need to review the file to identify issues that need to be addressed before we can start. We will also need to charge a minimum fee to cover the year end filing if you are more than half way into your fiscal year.
- Are there any hidden fees?
- Nope. You’ll always know what you’re paying up front. There are no administration fees or fixed contract terms. There are no separate fees for your year-end taxes (your corporate tax return is included in your monthly fee), no separate fees for CRA audit support, and no separate fees for corporate tax guidance.